INGREDIENTS (serves 20)
- 5-6 stalks rhubarb, chopped into 1″ pieces
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 large handful of lilac blossoms, removed from the stem
- In a medium sized pot, over medium heat, bring all ingredients just to a boil.
- Turn to low, cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes until sugar is disolved and rhubarb begins to separate. Strain through a fine mesh sieve and store in a glass jar in the fridge.
- Mix your syrup into sparkling water, add vodka to make it sinful, or pour over vanilla ice cream.
CALORIES: 42 (minus the vodka and ice cream!)